It’s the time of year for pink and hearts and glitter and chocolate and flowers! Yay! I’m talking about GALentine’s Day!
It’s time to toss out cliche Valentine’s traditions and celebrate what this holiday is really about…LADIES. I’m just kidding, it’s about LOVE, baby. But that includes the sweet platonic (or not so platonic) girl love that you have for your BFFs.❤️️
Sometimes it’s fun to embrace the cheesy heart-shaped, pink coated, glitter covered, hot mess that is V-Day. So in the spirit of cheesy Valentine’s gifts we are putting a spin on those gag-worthy “LOVE Coupon” books. You know, the ones usually filled with mushy nonsense like “Good for one free foot rub” or “Good for one hug”. Not that foot rubs and hugs aren’t nice but come on. Bleh!
This Sweet Stuff Coupon book printable has cover pages in two different colors (choose from blue or purple) and is filled with an assortment of blank coupon pages that are ready for you to write in your own messages. You can make them as sweet or as sassy and you want! Perfectly customizable for your bestie (and your budget). Here are some ideas to get you started!
This coupon is good for…
Spending time together:
- A coffee date.
- One round of cocktails on me at [your favorite bar/restaurant].
- One night of [dancing/karaoke/whatever your thing is].
Pampering each other:
- A Spa day!
- One pedi (my treat!)
- One “just for fun” shopping day out.
Taking a load off:
- One night of takeout and binge watching [your favorite show].
- One evening of babysitting.
- One bottle of wine and my company (so you don’t have to drink alone, again)
Keeping it real:
- One class of [hot yoga/cycling/whatever] with me as your (complaint free) [yoga] buddy.
- One closet purging session. I’ll bring the wine and donation boxes.
- One honest shopping session where I will tell you whether or not an outfit looks good on you.
All the yummy things:
- One batch of cookies (of your choice) baked with love by me!
- One completely guilt free ice cream/froyo at [your favorite place].
- Brunch at [new restaurant]. My treat!
How to assemble your DIY Sweet Stuff Coupon Book
What you’ll need:
- Sweet Stuff Coupon Book Printable pages (download here!)
- Hole punch
- Colored twine/ribbon
- Markers/colored pens
- Decorative patterned paper
- Adhesive tape/glue
- Washi tape, stickers or other embellishments
Let’s get started!
Cut out the front and back cover pages (in the color of your choosing) and as many blank coupon pages as you want.
If you want you can line the backsides of the cover pages with decorative paper. This gives the book a little extra protection and support (plus it makes it look cuter!). Just lay your cover cutouts on the back of a patterned piece of paper and trace around, then cut them out. Apply some glue or adhesive tap to the back of one sheet of paper and carefully align the other sheet on top. Press and smooth to secure a good bond.
Time for the most fun part! Fill out your coupon pages with fun messages (see above for a list of ideas)! Use colored pens or markers and doodles to make them even more festive!
Using a hole punch (or a very sharp pencil or X-acto knife) punch a hole where indicated by the guide circles.
String twine or ribbon through the holes to hold the pages together. I used a pencil to help push my twine through the holes.
Tie it off with a cute bow and embellish with washi tape, stickers, or glitter pens! I picked up a pack of this glittered thin washi tape from the $1 section at Target! Score!
Address it to your bestie and you are all done!
Slip your sweet coupon book into a greeting card or as part of a goodie bag! Who knows what treasures are in store for your BFF!
Looking for more sweet gifts for your gal pals? Checkout “13 Glamorous DIY Gift Ideas for Galentine’s Day“!
Happy Galentine’s Day! XOXO!