This recipe comes from one of my favorite cupcake books: Hello Cupcake. This book is filled with great recipes and FABULOUS decorating tips and tricks. It teaches you that you don’t need fancy or expensive tools to make awesomely adorable cupcakes! It is a must have for the cupcake enthusiast. Go. Buy. Now.
- 1 container (16oz) marshmallow fluff
- 3 sticks unsalted sweet-cream butter, softened and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar (plus additional suger if needed)
- Spoon the marshmallow fluff into a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on low. Gradually add the butter pieces, beating well after each addition, until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and the ½ cup confectioners' sugar. Scrape the bowl well to incorporate. Add more sugar as needed until you reach the desired texture. (I tend to use quite a bit more sugar because I like my frosting thick so it holds it's shape when I make pretty decorations on top of my cupcakes.)