This is the easiest way to make a tasty, homemade pie crust in less than 15 mins. This pie crust is perfect for any open faced pie such as creme pie, chocolate silk pie, cherry pie, etc. It is also great for any no-bake pie recipe.[jumptorecipe]
One awesome thing about this recipe is that you can use any sort of dry cookie or cracker. Here are some ideas:
Graham crackers (traditional style)
Vanilla wafers (my favorite)
Chocolate cookies (like Oreos!)
Butter Cookies (like the Danish ones that come in the blue tins at Christmas time… omg yum)
Making a savory pie? Try using Ritz crackers or Saltines! I really want to try making this crust with Girl Scout thin mints! Can you imagine what an awesome grasshopper pie that would make!?
The other great thing about this recipes is that since you are making the crust at home you don’t have to limit yourself to a pie pan shape. Use a round cake pan for a traditional pie, or a square cake pan for pie bars. You could also use a casserole dish, several individual ramekins, or a spring form pan. Give something new a try! If you do, we would love to hear how it worked out! Post a message on our Facebook page or leave a comment below!
[Step-by-step] Quick and Easy Crushed Cookie Pie Crust
In a food processor, start with about 2 1/2 – 3 cups of whole cookies. (Don’t have a food processor? Try this method using a rolling pin and a plastic bag.)
Pulse in short bursts until you’ve got coarse crumbs.
Add in the melted butter and sugar.
Pulse again until combined.
Dump crushed cookies mixture into a pie plate (or other safe container) and press evenly into the bottom and sides of the plate.
Bake at 400º for 10 minutes. Allow crust to cool completely before filling it with yummy things!
- 2 cups crushed cookie crumbs
- ½ cup melted butter
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- In a food processor start with about 2½ cups of whole cookies. Crush down into a fine grain. You will need about 2 cups of cookie crumbs. Add a few more cookies if you are shy or dump out some if you are over.
- Add in melted butter and sugar and pulse until combined.
- Dump crushed cookie mixture into a 9 in pie plate (or other oven safe container) and press evenly into the bottom and sides of the plate.
- Bake at 400º for 10 minutes.
- Allow crust to cool before adding pie filling.