This recipe comes from one of my favorite cupcake books: Hello Cupcake. This book is filled with great recipes and FABULOUS decorating tips and tricks. It teaches you that you don’t need fancy or expensive tools to make awesomely adorable cupcakes! It is a must have for the cupcake enthusiast. Go. Buy. Now.
Need to whip up some cupcakes in a jiffy? This recipe will have you baking your way to perfection in no time!
- 1 box cake mix (Vanilla, chocolate or yellow)
- 1 cup buttermilk (in place of the water called for on the box)
- Vegetable oil (the amount on the box)
- 4 large eggs (in place of the amount on the box)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 baking cups with liners.
- Follow instructions on the box by putting all the ingredients into a large bowl. Using the buttermilk substitution in place of the water, the amount of vegetable oil called for on the box, and adding the 4 eggs. Beat with an electric mixer until moistened for about 30 seconds, then increase speed to high and beat for another 2 minutes or until thick.
- Spoon batter into the liners filling about ⅔ full. Bake 15 - 20 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remve the cupcakes from pans and cool completely before decorating.
testing these out now…. making peanut butter frosting next! nom nom nom… 🙂
Yays! Have fun! The peanut butter frosting is AMAZING! It’s hard not to just eat it all before it even makes it to the cupcakes! =9