Let’s get this party started
Howdy! We are Awesome with Sprinkles, a group of gals who share a passion for eating yummy food, getting crafty, and throwing awesome parties. We love creative cuisine, a fine glass of wine, a new set of markers, a perfectly set table, and pretty much anything covered in glitter. But most of all we love entertaining with our friends and families and we want to share those recipes and ideas with others!
Awesome with Sprinkles was started by Heidi and Jenni as a place to share their recipes. Cooking is a passion (and stress relief!) for both of them and they are inspired by the local foods and dishes they find on their foodie travels. They would frequently post photos of scrumptious plates and always get asked for the recipe or what restaurant they were dining at. They were looking for a creative and fun outlet to share their awesomely tasty creations with others and so Awesome with Sprinkles was born.
Since then we have added two more wonderful gals to #TeamAwesome – Bernadette (“Detty”) and Liz. We are super excited to venture into the world of crafting and party planning and we hope you come along for the ride!
What we blog about
We LOVE to cook, craft and make things by hand. But we know that life is busy so we keep it practical as well.
On Awesome with Sprinkles you will find a variety of recipes. Some are made with pre-made doughs or use a cake mix hack to save time and make things easy. Others are completely from scratch using fresh and often local ingredients. Sometimes we bake a simple tasty cookie and other times we craft crazy out-of-our-minds creations, like Sharknado cupcakes!
Other times we just share our adventures or crack silly jokes (Heidi loves herself some puns) and although the jokes might not always rise to the occasion, the recipes will! All of our recipes are tried and true and all are 100% full of awesome!
We love that you are here with us on this journey of awesomeness and we want to thank each and every one of you who takes the time to read and share our blog. We love to share our ideas with you and we invite you to try them and share them with others! Spread the love, and the sprinkles!
Much from all of the gals at Awesome with Sprinkles.
Meet the Gals
The Artisan of Awesome
- Grew up in Idaho and loves potatoes (I am a potato farmer’s daughter after all. #legit).
- LOVES cheesy puns. 🧀 They’re grate!
- Has a weakness for kitty cats, glitter pens and Disneyland corn dogs.
- Skilled sass master with a penchant for “sentence enhancers”.
- Always on the lookout for the craziest patterns. #lifegoals
- She’s a natural violet. 💜
- Sucker for a cute pair of sunnies. 🕶️
- Our resident mom (of 3 rambunctious boys!) lovingly know as the “Redmonster’s”
- Master Cricut operator. ✂️
- Addicted to Pinterest! (Woke up to feed the baby at 2 am and never went back to bed…)
- Expert kitten wrangler. 🐈
- Not afraid of any DIY projects that involve a power sander.
- But should probably steer clear of any projects involving ladders.
- Outrageously fun, over the top, party planner. 🎉
Weakness: A self defeating perfectionist (and an icy cold Dr.Pepper).
All posts by Detty »
The Recipe Scientist
- Has a huge heart for doggies and spends her free time as a shelter/rescue volunteer.
- Avid world traveler (seriously… is this girl ever home?).
- Could maybe be considered a wino. Maybe. 🍷
- Totally into fitness (Uhh. Uhh. Uhh. I work out.) and marathon running!
- Loves herself some rap music!
- Owns a bajillion cute scarves (even though it’s too hot in AZ to wear them most of the year).
- Christmas is her favorite holiday. 🎄
The Sassy Stylist
- Our social (media) butterfly.
- Can always be found with a coffee in hand. ☕
- Makes the BEST homemade blueberry scones.
- Liked vampires before they were cool (and still does).
- May or may not have a shoe problem. 👠👠👠
- Shopping is her cardio. 🛍️
- The beach is her happy place.
Biggest secret: Not as serious as she seems. 😛
All posts by Liz »